As you might have read, I’m working on stepping up and owning my business more this year. Being more visible.
That means more focus on business development and sharing my story through multiple channels and through different tools. One I’m going to go all in on this year is video. Why…well they tend to hold attention more…in fact, of the average internet user, 88% spend more time on a website with video.
In fact, if video is more your thing, I did a video on this exact post – you can watch it over on my Facebook page.
For those readers out there…stick with me.
Some other jaw-dropping stats around video:
– 59% of executives would rather watch a video than read text.
So if you’re a B2B company who needs to sell the decision maker (who is often an executive) then you may want to consider recording a video to supplement text or any messages you want your target audience to consume.
And while you’re at it consider adding closed captions text to your videos whether promoting on social media or directly on your website because 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
– Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same page without a video.
SAY WHAT?! Landing pages in my experience are all about the A/B test. Because tweaking the content, tweaking the CTA button text, tweaking colors and contrast can make all the difference when it comes to conversions and adding a video element is no different! Be bold and give it a try and repeat this mantra throughout the process: test and tweak, test and tweak…
– A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
This, no joke, blew my mind. Now the source, Forrester Research isn’t saying that you speak 1.8 million words in a minute but instead what they mean is a minute of video has as much value as 1.8 million words. And what it all boils down to is the rapport that you can build with a complete stranger through video. That’s why influencer marketing exists and runs full throttle over on Instagram. That’s why Instagram Stories have over 400 million daily active users.
And if you’re still in denial about if video is really the “thing” — more than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube each day. *mic drop*
So you’re all in with video…but you’re not sure what kind of video is right for you and more importantly your audience and where to showcase your video message. There are several options, here are just a few.
1. Brand Story Video: This is a great video to showcase on your website’s “About Us” page. It should briefly (2 minutes max) who you are, what you do, why you do it and how you can solve your target audience’s pain point/problem.
2. How-To Video: Keep these super simple and high level. Think of those incredible recipe videos you see all over the internet, they’re quick and snappy! If you’re a product based business, you could do a demo or share a new feature and how it works.
3. Live Video: This could take the shape of a Q&A segment, a more casual how-to video or just an opportunity to edu-tain (educate and entertain) your audience showing that you’re the expert and the go-to in the industry for your thing. This style of video happens on social channels like Instagram or Facebook.
4. Behind-The-Scenes Video: This is often a way to showcase more “episodic” content, meaning regularly scheduled video that is pushed out to your audience on YouTube or Facebook. Your audience expects a certain level of transparency during these videos and they also expect them to be available for their viewing at the same day and time.
5. Promo Video: This form of video is short and to the point. It’s most used for sharing upcoming events, book launches, product launches and if something is shifting with in your business – think news that’s in fact newsworthy about your business.
Something that I’m super passionate about when it comes to any form of video…there should be a call-to-action (CTA) at the end, what do you want your audience to DO after they’ve watched.
Some CTA ideas:
- Do you want them to join your email list?
- Do you want them to check out a blog post for more information and resources?
- Do you want them to leave a comment about the topic?
- Do you want them to claim your limited offer?
Looking to work on getting a video up and running ASAP?
Let me help you connect with your audience through video in a way your competitors probably (definitely) don’t…at least not yet.
I’m offering new clients a 2-hour one-on-one session with me where you will choose one of the above video formats (excluding Behind-The-Scenes video) and we will map out a story board for your 1-minute max video and shoot it same day (using an iPhoneXR, no fancy equipment needed these days!) for just $350. Offer ends March 1, 2019.