To help make things easier for you I put together 3 tech tips that will save you time and leave you more hours for other things to enjoy!
Tip #1: Get To Know the Cursor on Your Phone
Now, this may sound like a silly thing to learn how to master, but I’m telling you…this little trick is a time saver for personal and biz use on your phone when you are on the go or even when you are on the couch engaging with your favorite Instagram accounts! Rapid fire typing thumbs coming atcha!
Hot how-to tip: hold the space bar/cursor down on your phone and slide your finger along the spacebar, the cursor will move in the text box. I love using this little trick for auto-corrections gone wrong or to add words or emojis before pressing that send button.
Please note, this works for both Apple and Android users. #winners
Tip #2: Charge Your Phone In Airplane Mode For an Uber Fast Charge
Can we talk about why I didn’t I know about this YEARS ago?? This little handy tip is fantastic for travel and attending conferences when you are networking your bum off and successfully checking in with your team, Slack, and inbox. Plus, saving that juice for all the live tweeting, story-ing, and TikToking you’ll be doing later is a must!
While in Airplane Mode, if your device is connected to Wi-Fi, incoming cellular phone calls might not work and you will not be able to connect through cellular data. So, please keep that in mind when you are doing a quick charge with this tech tip! Though I find this simply poetic. While you put your phone in time out and force it to rest and conserve energy, you too get to unplug a bit and focus on being present in the moment.
Tip #3: Group Your Apps by Category Folders
Savor this little delicious tip and set aside 10 minutes to get your apps in order that you use the most…or, for ALL of them! Organizing your apps on your phone is a great way to keep you organized that cuts back on searching for the apps that you need in that exact moment!! Plus, you can choose fun names for your folders, which is worth the time that it takes to organize your apps. Need some naming inspiration? Consider naming your folders with affirmations. Your social media folder of apps could be called, “I am connected.” Your financial folder could be called, “I am rich.” Your health apps folder could be called, “I am healthy.”
To create a folder, you will need at least two apps to put into the folder.
- Tap the app and hold one of the apps until all apps on the screen start shaking.
- Then, drag one of the apps into the other.
- Once the two or more apps are in the new folder, you can now rename it by tapping on the x icon to rename the new folder.
- Continue to add more apps to the new folder or click on the Home button to save!
- Rinse and repeat until your folders are set up and named. Easy peasy!
For more hot tips on how to make folders + group apps, check out this helpful read via Lifewire.
Extra bonus tips (3 is never enough!)
- Turn on your Do Not Disturb and stick to it for some much-needed downtime, you deserve it!
- Use your notes on your cell phone and make them sharable with your team. I also use this for easy-to-grab replies or notes to add and pull from for business and personal use. Hot tip: this is great for social media managers for their community engagement. Pass it on.
- Ask Siri to take a selfie for you! Thanks, girl…say cheese!
That’s it!! We live in a digital world that lives in the now, moves fast, and isn’t slowing down any time soon. Take the time (literally 45 min or less) to set yourself up for success and simplify your life with these fab tips.
What are your favorite tech tips + tricks? I would love to learn from you! Drop me a line via email so I can hear what helps you save time and keeps you organized.