Oh, Canva, how we love you. Home of amazing pre-designed templates for all your social media shareables and easy-peasy drag-and-drop design, Canva is one of my faves for whipping up snazzy content.
But today I have a whole new reason to love Canva: the video recording option. Now you can record high-quality video directly in Canva, dress it up with a couple of clicks, then prep it to share to social.
Here’s the play-by-play:
- Log in to Canva.com, then click the “video” option in the middle of the “What will you design” purple banner.
- Choose your video type – there are a bunch of formats available to suit different social media platforms or general video content.
- Search or scroll through the existing templates to find something you like, then tweak it to suit your brand and style. (You can also upload your own brand assets!)
- Make sure your video and audio are on, that your ring light is in position, and that you’re dressed up and looking spiffy.
- Click the three dots at the top-right of the screen, and hit “present and record”. This will bring up a box with the CTA “Go to recording studio”. Click that, obvs.
- Wait for the three second countdown…and you’re off to the races! When you’re done, hit the “end recording” button to wrap it up. (Doing a pro-style presentation? You can also add notes in the right-hand sidebar.)
- Trim, edit and add filters to your video – along with music, stickers or animation if that’s your jam.
- Click the three dots to download your file, get a shareable link, or to push your video to your preferred social account!
Want to see it in action? Hit play below and I’ll take you through it!
Love my Canva tips? I’ve got plenty more where these came from. Follow me on social or sign up to my newsletter for easy tips and tricks you can incorporate into your social media efforts!